An update on the progress made in the last week.
I’m just going to show what I have left to do as most has been done except for this weeks effort.
If you would like to leave a comment (please do) , please click the Leave a Reply link above.
- Continue to wire new EFI harnesses to relay/fuse blocks and to sensors.
- Fit MS to bottom of dash rail using nut inserts (more secure).
- Test and set-up PWM for radiator fan control
- Need to adjust tappets, as I have re-torqued the cylinder head.
- Relocate power brake booster backwards by ~ 2″ to allow for a cold air/filter box to feed the MAF sensor that will be fitted at a later date.
- Replace the Cooper ‘S’ discs and pads. Done but damaged one disc by using the wrong size calliper to hub bolts, which pressed against disc and warped it. Doh! New one coming next Tuesday.
- Discovered that one front wheel bearing was way past it – it had straw and blue coloured rollers, so replaced with new Timken bearings and new front and rear hub seals. Done!
- Discovered that the ball joints were stuffed so replaced all 4 of them. Done!
- Check the exhaust clamp that appears to be missing it’s bolt to the gearbox.
- Fit the new heater.
- Fit the new rear boot brackets (front ones done) and remake a boot board to fit on top of these brackets and also to wrap around the front of the tank.
- Check timing and adjust the index position using TunerStudio to give the base timing value.
- Get wheel balance and alignment.