Had an hour to kill before going to work today, so removed front (dented) chrome bumper, and fitted new stainless steel bumper complete with over-riders and nerf (corner) bars.
- Fitted front bumper bar. Assembly was a breeze and the bumpers appear to fit better than old ones, which I suspect were cheap pattern ones.
Some pictures for you.
- Fit new rear stainless steel bumper, I have done the front. The chrome ones on the car are peeling and fit badly, plus I prefer the MkI Cooper ‘S’ period look.
- Continue to wire new EFI harnesses to relay/fuse blocks and to sensors.
- Test and set-up PWM for radiator fan control
- Re-bleed all 4 brakes since the Gunson Eezibleed kit has arrived. This tool uses the air pressure from a tyre to force the brake fluid and air out. I will keep you posted as to how it actually performs.
- Fit the new heater. (Not doing until I have car on the road and tuned in… it is summer after all!)
- Check timing and adjust the index position using TunerStudio to give the base timing value.
- Adjust VE table to get it running OK
- Take it for a drive to dial in VE table using TunerStudio’s VEAL.
- Check that it runs!
- Get a wheel balance and alignment.
If you would like to leave a comment (please do) , click the Leave a Reply link above.