Rust and more rust. The boot lid seal is perished and has gone hard, it has let in water that has rusted a nice circle where the spare wheel normally sits. If I had the money and knew how to MIG weld, I would have preferred to replace the wheel well, but I decided to just convert the rust using a phosphoric acid product, and then KillRust epoxy black paint over the top. A previous owner has done the same. Does anyone know of short courses in MIG welding over this side of Melbourne (I’m in Werribee)
Not pretty, but hopefully it will buy me time until I can do it properly.
Tomorrow’s to do list (I will hopefully):
- fit the new L/H tail-light assembly;
- fit the fuel tank;
- make a mounting bracket for the different tank strap;
- fit the EFI filter under the car;
- mount the fuel regulator in the boot;
- wire fuel pump to MS Relay Panel;
- remove mechanical fuel pump and put blanking plate on;
- run rubber EFI hoses as appropriate;
- put fuel in tank;
- pressure test system.